Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grow Embabies Grow!!

So we got our fert report this morning - of the baker's dozen, 11 were mature and 10 fertilized normally!!! We are still waiting to find out if they had to tap into the cryo sperm or if the fresh was enough. I have a feeling the fresh was used, but we will find out soon. For now we have 10 little embabies growing in a lab right now. That just feels so strange to me. Is it weird that I already feel protective of them?

The office did a GREAT job of freaking me out this morning though. When I called after 9 per my instructions, my nurse who is always sooo bubbly and nice and wonderful was very awkward and told me that they hadn't made a 3 day or 5 day transfer decision yet and they would call me back in 10 minutes. When I got off the phone I told Mr. Scuba that it just didn't sound good. I told him they were probably going to get Dr. T to deliver whatever bad news was waiting for us. Then Mr. Scuba convinced me I was just being paranoid. Fast forward to 10 minutes later - Dr. T was on the phone. He asked how I was doing I and just burst out with "well not good anymore since you are the one calling so it has to be bad news!" He said "oh no!!! I just wanted to see how you were doing!" He then gave me the report and then felt really bad for almost killing me by heart attack!!!! We laughed a bit about it, but man did he freak me out!

We will most likely be doing a 5 day transfer on Monday, but we are on call for a 3 day transfer on Saturday if necessary.

So there it is, we have 10 embabies growing in the lab. I just want to be with them every second of every day.


4 comments:

  1. ONGRATS!!! 9 is an awesome number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY - sounds great thus far! Grow little embies grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! That sounds great. Grow embies grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Hoping your embies are growing strong!

    ReplyDelete