Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Stork Balloon Flew!!

At the beginning of my cycle prepping for IVF the stork balloon finally flew!

Ok, a little back story: a year ago, during our still naive and we will conceive easily like everyone else phase, we went to the balloon fiesta like we do every year. That year I noticed for the first time that there was a balloon shaped like a stork with a baby!! I was so excited! We got our picture with the balloon and just knew it was a sign. Then... the balloon failed to take off. All the other balloon had launched, but the wind picked up and the stork couldn't fly. After a long attempt, they just took the balloon down and called it a day. I was crushed. Mr. Scuba kept telling me it didn't mean anything, but somehow I knew it did.

Well this year, we went back to the balloon fiesta and the stork flew!!! It was however tethered so that it could give little kids 15 foot rides, but it flew. It actually flew a bunch of times with a bunch of happy giggly kids that got to go up in a real hot air balloon! I feel like this is a sign again, but a much better one this time. Oh and if I have a girl, I always wanted to decorate with butterflies. Well, this year one of the new balloons was the most beautiful butterfly balloon I have ever seen! I hope and pray that these are good signs heading into our IVF cycle!







No comments:

Post a Comment