Monday, September 26, 2011

Odd Way of Coping

I have started noticing my very odd way of coping with friends telling me that they are pregnant. So far the pattern is I avoid them completely and then in guilt for feeling jealous and avoiding them, I knit their unborn child a blanket. I have no idea how this is helping anything. Maybe it helps me believe that they won't notice that I have been avoiding them or feel bad about it if I knit them a blanket. Maybe it is the only way that I can show I still love them and care about them and still maintain my sanity. Well, regardless of why, here is the new blanket for the pregnant friend who swore for years that she would never have a child because she couldn't stand what it would do to her body:



On the plus side, I think I am getting better at this knitting thing!


1 comment:

  1. That blanket is beautiful, what a great gift. What terrible comments for your friend to say, though :(

    ReplyDelete