Thursday, February 9, 2012

Low Estrogen



The nurse just called and said my estrogen was low. They like to see it at 200 or more and mine was 86! She said not to worry (ya right!) and they would add a supplement and it should be fine. She said that my lining looked great, it was at exactly where it should be and forming the triple stripe, but I can't help but worry.
I asked her if there was somewhere I could put the patches so they absorbed better, and she said no, as long as they are not on the outside of my thighs. Well.. that is exactly where I have them! I was told anywhere on my body except my breasts. WTF?! She said they need to go where there is the most subcutaneous tissue. So since I started with fresh patches this morning, I scrapped them and put new ones on where she suggested (inner thighs and stomach). I am kind of upset that the first nurse told me anywhere on my body is fine when that isn't true! 
Anyway, she said they don't generally test for estrogen again but that they would if I wanted. What do you all think, should I test again or am I just being paranoid? I think I would feel better testing again. I just don't want them to thaw my little snowbabies for nothing!



5 comments:

  1. My RE had me wear two huge patches on my lower abdomen. They left gross "band-aid residue" rings that took forever to scrub off...after like a week, i looked like i was wearing grimy Olympic rings! Ok....hope that made you laugh instead of cringe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that did make me laugh for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. Test again for piece of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry I had low estrogen one of my FETs, they gave me a pill to take extra and it all ended up perfect and I had a 12mm lining for transfer......also I have always worn mine on my outside of my thighs! I have just been told no breasts as well....and my levels have been good (except for that one time out of 3 FETs). Just switch it up from now on if it makes you feel better and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps - the estrogen is to plump up the lining so they will know if it is good by the ultrasound for your lining check. They won't wait to find out until you show up transfer morning.

    ReplyDelete