Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Rumors Are Rampant!

So, a little back-story... on Thursday when I got the call from DH about the SA, I lost it. I ran out of work in massive sobbing tears.

Anyway, as ridiculous as it may sound, I just couldn't bring myself to go to work on Friday. I was full on in wallow world. It was a good thing this happened so close to the weekend!

So when I got back to work on Monday, I really tried to act normal and be upbeat. I guess I must be as transparent as glass because everyone was asking what was wrong. The laughs did start though when I learned of all the rumors that had spread about why I was not at work on Friday:

1. I was fired - yikes!
2. I quit
3. miscarriage
4. death in the family
5. Mr. Scuba cheated

I never realized how crazy the telephone game can get with the few ingredients of sobbing in my office and not showing up to work the next day.

No one there knows, and I am sure even given my attempts to stop the rumors that they will continue to grow and morph. I just can't stand the thought of every single piece of my life being infiltrated by this. So, no one will know. Unless absolutely necessary, they can think what they want and talk as much as they want. If this is selfish of me, so be it.

Today I will live my life as if I can get through all of this without the entire office knowing my business!

No comments:

Post a Comment