Thursday, June 21, 2012

Retrieval and Fert Report Update

We got 10 eggs. Quite a bit fewer than was expected, but not bad by any means. 8 of the 10 fertilized, so that is a pretty good fertilization rate. Now we wait to see if we do a 3 day transfer, 5 day transfer, or if we get enough embryos to do the biopsy and freeze them all. It's going to be a long few days.

As far as the retrieval went, well it didn't go so well. The anesthesiologist sucked. He couldn't find a good vein and was poking all over. That sucked. Then for no reason at all I started crying and could not stop. Finally they just put me out just to get me to stop. I felt horrible and emotional all day long. Uhhggg, IF just does horrible things to us!

5 comments:

  1. Keeping everything crossed for you that all goes well. In my 2nd ivf I had half as many eggs as the first....but both stuck. Whereas with ivf #1 out of 7 transferred (at different times) I got zero. So it really is quality over quantity. Sorry your anesthesiologist was crap...that sucks. But hope it is all good news from here on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad so many fertilized but so sorry the anesthesiologist sucked...you're right IF does do horrible things to you...hope you were able to get some rest this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know everyone has a story, but I thought I'd briefly share mine...
    We had 15 eggs retrieved, but only 4 fertilized. By day 5, we had 2 left. They transferred them both, and I distinctly remember lying there crying and hearing them say "quality over quantity" and "it only takes one." In my case, they were completely right! I have my perfect 2-month-old Noah in my arms now, and it was all worth it. But, I remember the fear that came to me the day they called to say we only had 4. It is insanely scary, but hang in there! A miracle is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have everything crossed for you Scuba! Sorry it's been so emotional. I hope that in a few weeks, you are crying big old weepy happy tears from good news of a sticky BFP.

    ReplyDelete