Thursday, July 12, 2012

Why the Hesitation?

Ever since I started blogging, I love it. I love the outlet and I love the record. Lately though I have been super hesitant to post anything. I have no idea why. Am I being lazy, is it not giving me what it once was? Honestly I think things are going well and the more I talk about it the faster it will slip through my fingers. If I shout from the roof-tops, whatever good luck it is that we seem to be getting lately will disappear as fast as it came.

Well, here is my update. Of the 8 that fertilized, 7 of them made it to blast. 4 made it on day 5 and 3 more on day 6!! We were unbelievably shocked. That many making it to blast was so unexpected. Then we were told to wait about 3 weeks for our genetics report.   I was out on the little boat at Lake Powell with my little brother and my 2 cousins. We went out into the only place on the lake that we had cell service. I checked my messages and never expected to hear one from my Doctor. Then the news: 4 genetically normal embryos!!!!!!!!! I screamed so loud while listening to the message that my throat hurt for days! Needless to say that us keeping this cycle to ourselves ended at that moment. I screamed and then jumped into the lake. We then went back to the houseboat and I ran to Mr. S crying with the news. It was such a wonderful moment. That was so much better than we had even dared hope for. 4 normal babies waiting on ice to come into our lives.

We then needed to decide about when to transfer. I could get on birth control for an August transfer, but I think we both just felt like we needed a bit of a break. I really wanted to get this show on the road ASAP, but we need to spend some time med free enjoying the summer as well. So it looks like we are on track for a September transfer. I am still so scared that my body is part of the problem and will somehow kill our healthy embryos. I guess there is only one way to find out!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your DH! Huge Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you for giving yourself time to chill for a bit. You deserve that. I am pulling for you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 normal blasts is FANTASTIC! What great news! Enjoy your break, can't wait to see you pregnant in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome scubbie! So happy to hear you've got some great snow babies. Enjoy the rest of the summer and Sept. will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scubagirl--my husband has recently been diagnosed with severe MFI (first SA was 100,000 sperm, none motile. The second (two weeks later) was 0 sperm). Our RE said our only options were DI or adoption. We didn't accept that offer and now have an appointment with a urologist specializing in IF. As I believe the better informed we are, the better decisions we can make on our next steps, I'm interested in finding out more about your at home sperm analysis kit. Did you find it useful? I assume it allowed you to know when to have your husband drop off his sample to freeze. Also, I wonder if he took any vitamins/herbs/lifstyle changes (CoQ10 or TCM or anything else) that might account for the increase in sperm? I don't blog, but I have been following dozens of womens since we started down our own IF path. If you would be willing to contact me, I would greatly appreciate it--I feel the only reason why I knew not to accept DI or adoption as our only options (at least at this point) is because of the women in this community and the information you share. If you are open to it, I can be reached at melarson76 at gmail dot com. Thank you and good luck with the September transfer.

    ReplyDelete