Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baseline and Mayhem

BASELINE

Our baseline appointment went OK today. I have fewer follicles than the last time so that worries me a bit.  As everyone says it is quality over quantity, but when we need a good number of embryos for biopsy, it is really hard not to want to play the numbers game.

We have been doing so much health wise. Better food, better exercise, less stress, no alcohol, so all of that should help the quality. Mr. Scuba calls the follies vine-ripened.

We do have a cancelation looming though. My lining is too thick, so if my period doesn't show by tomorrow evening, I may be canceled. Relying on something that only shows when I don't want it just seems silly.

One really sweet thing about the appointment was when we were leaving they were playing the song we danced to at our wedding in the lobby. "come away with me" by Norah Jones

MAYHEM

don't let her cuteness fool you!

So last night, well actually this morning very very early at 2am, my cat got into a huge fight. I knew she was in trouble the second I heard her. Nothing makes my heart stop quite like that sound. I jumped out of bed and ran outside in my underwear just in time to keep a huge cat from whomping on my very scrappy, but very little cat. My poor kitty certainly had some fur missing and was very shaken up.

I cursed my luck thinking that this had to be a bad sign for this to happen the day of my beta. Then I started thinking, this was actually a perfect thing to happen. That moment reminded me that maybe I can cut it as a mom. I know it is only one moment, but in that moment, I heard my furbaby in need and I went from a full deep sleep to out the door in less than 30 seconds. I didn't stop to think that I didn't want to wake up at 2am. I didn't stop to think to put on some more appropriate clothing before running outside. I just ran out of bed and to the aid of my kitty who needed me and it never even crossed my mind to do otherwise.

Maybe I will be a decent mom after all? Dare I let myself dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment