Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Love My Mom!

So Mother's Day was difficult for me as I imagine it was for most IFers. So I did the thing, I planted the rose bush with my Mom, hung out with the family, helped make dinner for MIL, kissed the babies... then went home and cried my eyes out!

I know I was being selfish in that moment, but I had done the unselfish thing all day. I had listened to all the baby stories, I had celebrated the day and I had done it all with a smile on my face. But in the moment of tears quiet and alone in my house I wondered if anyone had thought about what I was going through. I was sure they didn't, but of course I couldn't blame them. Even though they know what I am going through, this was their day.

Then I got the phone call from my Mom. She told me that she wanted to tell me that she knew that this day must have been so painful, more so than she could imagine. Then she said that she just knew that we would be celebrating Mother's day together next year and that she was praying for that every day. My mother is so incredible and so graceful and understanding. I am so lucky to have her in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I know Mother's Day is hard. And your mom is so sweet, and I agree with her 100% that I hope next year will be a totally different experience for you on Mother's Day. *hugs*
    -ocw2010/Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very sweet of your mom. Hopefully next year you both can celebrate together and have a wonderful day. lots of {hugs} to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful Mom! I have faith that she is right about next year. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mom is correct. And you aren't selfish, you are sad and want a baby. Big difference.

    Many hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete