Friday, March 9, 2012

Too Much

I can't even believe I held it together this week. I had to spend 2 days this week evaluating child care facilities in the area. That of course included being in the infant rooms for what seemed like forever. I had to stare into the beautiful eyes of these incredible little babies and keep tears from pouring out of my eyes. 

In the middle of all of that I had to go to a friend's house for dinner and goo and gaa over her amazing 2 week old baby boy. I was so thankful that he slept in the corner most of the time. He really was beautiful and it tore me up inside. Somehow I kept up the smiles and never let on how much it killed me inside. Tomorrow, I am supposed to go have breakfast with my sister-in-law and her 2 incredible kids. 

I just don't know how to keep doing this. I have no emotional strength left in me. I am completely done. I don't even have it in me to cry anymore. Even as I put one foot in front of the other to keep moving forward I feel more and more dead inside. I wish I knew how to live through this. 

5 comments:

  1. I have a baby shower tomorrow...so I get it. You are very strong to get through a week like that. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now because this is all still new to me, but from reading so many other blogs, I do know we are so much stronger than we think we are. Just remember to put one foot in front of the other and you will get through this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to give you a big hug :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. *HUG* I wish there was more that I could do. Just remember that you are doing an amazing job of dealing with this and that your reactions are NORMAL. Sometimes keeping going day to day is too hard, sometimes we have to do it hour by hour or minute by minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls! You guys are amazing and really help me get through this!

    ReplyDelete