Thursday, January 19, 2012

Grounded and Hopeful

Our FET (frozen embryo transfer) is underway and Mr. Scuba is coming home soon!

For our cycle, I started Lupron a few days ago. Up until then I was pretty sure we would have to postpone the cycle. I had been having horrible horrible sinus headaches which most doctors I talked to believed were sinus infections. I went through 2 courses of antibiotics and nothing worked. I thought for sure we would have to postpone until I got through this. Finally, I got to see my ENT doc and he told me the craziest thing. He said that he sees a lot of women with sinus problems that are otherwise under control go crazy when doing IVF. He said that the sinus tissue is extremely sensitive to hormone fluctuations especially estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. When the body goes through the crazy hormone stimulations for IVF, the sinuses can go crazy causing a lot of pressure and pain especially for someone with already sensitive sinuses. So, the good news is I have an answer and it's not infection, he even scoped me to make sure. The bad news is, the treatment is to deal with it. Well, if I don't have to postpone my cycle, I can do that. It's just one more way infertility fucks with my life.

In other wonderful news, Mr. Scuba is finally coming home tomorrow!!!! He has been in the frosty great white north for a couple of weeks for work. He said it was -40 degrees there for one day. I wonder if he is trying to get an idea of how our frosties feel! As empathetic as he may be getting, I am so excited for him to finally be home. It is so hard when he is away. So much happens that I want to talk to him about and have him be a part of. We can barely even talk on the phone because of the increased international charges. Most of our conversations have been through text and that is getting a little old.

So this cycle is starting and my wonderful husband is coming home. All of this is making me feel more grounded and I am finally starting to feel hopeful again. Having hope this time around seems like a much greater task. Being grounded seems much easier, but I do have hope. I have so much hope that one of our 4 little snowbabies is going to be our take home baby!

3 comments: