Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And Our Official Lab Count is...

I cried tears of joy!!! This feels so unreal! They froze the sample yesterday and thawed part of it out today with a 50% survival rate. That is more than enough for our IVF cycle. I am so unbelievably happy! We might actually have a chance at this! He need to get a couple more good samples frozen, so our next is Friday.

I emailed Mr. Scuba's Urologist about our results and within hours he called me personally to congratulate Mr. Scuba's testicles! He is such an amazing doctor and we are so blessed to have him. He is really encouraged by this and thinks we should strike while the iron is hot, so as soon as the RE gets back from vacation we will find out how soon we can cycle!

6 comments:

  1. I am so, so, so happy for you and Mr. Scuba!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Woohoo! I hope you get to cycle soon!
    Well done Mr. Scuba's testicles! Did Mr. Scuba have the testicular mapping done? My brother is going through azo and his biopsy is next week. I just want to know how to be there for him and support him through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!! @Megan - we were planning the mapping but ended up not having to do it. The count we got was from a regular sample. It turns out that the meds/vitamins/acupuncture is working! GL to your brother. You are great to be there for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am so thrilled for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro gave two samples and they found zero sperm so I guess his uro recommended the mapping. My lap is on the 25th and my mom is flying out to help me recover since my husband has Army training. Bro is jealous that my mom didn't offer to help him ice his balls after his procedure :P Men! Haha.

    ReplyDelete