Sunday, June 12, 2011

Knitting!

So once my biological clock started ticking, a lot of other weird things happened as well. I started to crave being domestic. I wanted to cook and bake and well... knit. These are not things I have ever been interested in doing before. I told myself that I would wait until I got pregnant and then let myself indulge, but when I learned that it may take a long time to ever get pregnant, I decided what the hell and I started learning. I plan on knitting a blanket for my baby while on bed-rest so that I will have something calming and hopeful to do during that time.

Here is my first knitting project! I wanted to knit a baby blanket for a friend who had struggled with IF and gotten pregnant after her first IUI - Here is what turned out:



Now the problem is the woman who I was knitting this for just had a miscarriage. So now what do I do with it. Part of me just wants to put it in a hope chest and keep it for my baby someday. Another part of me wants to keep it for her when she gets pregnant again, because I know she will. Another part of me wants to send it to her anyway, but I don't want to make this any more hurtful for her than it already is. 

All in all, I am really proud of my first project!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I tried knitting awhile ago...needless to say, it's still sitting in the closet about a quarter of the way finished.

    ReplyDelete